Sunday, November 11, 2012

Iligan CdO BuDa Davao part 1 of 2



Iligan CdO Buda and Davao


PA310412. On the last week of October 2012, our cousin and her family came to visit Iligan. In Iligan we visited NPC Nature's Park, and Maria Cristina falls.  After a few days we went to Cagayan de Oro City with me as their driver. Then off to BuDa and then Davao.

ILIGAN

PA280161. When my cousin's family arrived in Iligan, I went to our grandmother's house to pick them up and then visit our grandfather's grave. Afterwards, we ate at a restaurant with them. This foto is of my niece waiting explicitly for the food.



  
PA290206. The next day my cousin's family, another cousin, and me went to Timoga to eat Lechon. This is the view from the second floor of the building we were going to have our lunch with my Ate (cousin) washing her hand on the sink provided. (pronounced as A-Te - which is usually used by a younger sibling or cousin to call his/her older sister/cousin and sometimes used to a close-non-related female person as a sign of respect)




PA290205. Lechon for lunch. Yummy juicy meat and crispy skin.

PA290230. After lunch at timoga. We went to Maria Cristina's Nature's Park where we watched a few animals we don't see often.

PA290233. Crocodiles blending in their environment.

PA290244. This one is not part of Nature's Park Exhibit. Found this little guy when I was taking fotos of the small falls that was probably made for the ducks.

PA290239. A deep well my nephew and niece found very interesting. Our little niece kept going back to it every time we passed by.

PA290251. Maria Cristina's Dam. Closed during our visit.

 PA290252. Niece and nephew watching the hanging bridge placed above the empty canal where water rushes through when the dam is open.

PA290253. A net tent where the butterfly is housed. This one had so little butterflies that I just didn't think of even bothering chasing to take a macro shot of even just one. 

PA290265. Finally we arrive at Maria Cristina's hydro electric plant which is just a few minutes away from Nature's park.






 PA290268. I think a man made cave that ended up covered with natural icky stuff. It seems that animals and insects have also made it into their home as it is quite noisy inside.







PA290273. Maria Cristina Falls with the hydroelectric plant on the right side and a bridge above the falls. These are times when I wish I could buy a lee filter or coken filters to have an awesome water effect on the waters.






 
PA290291. Nephew drinking 100 year coke in can after a short afternoon of walking at Nature's Park and Maria Cristina Falls.










----------------------------------------------------------------

CDO

PA300397. The next day after visiting Maria Cristina Falls we went to Cagayan de Oro City and visited my old school Xavier University. This is the Chapel inside the school were my cousin-in-law helped the schools choir.

 PA310414. While my Cousin-in-law was busy helping with the choir I decided to check out the school, what's new and what I missed. Yes!, I do miss school, less problems. This is of Graffitis Painted on every wall of the roof deck in Xavier University. This and the building itself was not there during my time in Xavier University. 

 PA310419. Another part of the wall graffiti.

PA310421. A view of the stairs from the roof deck where the graffiti were painted.















PA310424. Also something new but was already under construction during my time in XU.















PA310428. One of the classrooms of XU. This is where I failed a subject.

PA310432.

PA310435. Students relaxing on the grounds of XU.

PA310436. One of XU's hallway.

PA310512. At night after the mass we went to the cemetery to visit my ate's sister-in-law's/ my cousin-in-law's birthday.

PA310447. A view from the cemetery.


End of part 1


Click Part 2 to view.


All fotos are taken by Raphael Jan C. Ferraris with the Olympus OM-D E-M5 with the m.zuiko 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 ED.
Starting today I will no longer mention anyone's name unless it is necessary. Instead I will refer to them as cousin, ate, auntie, or uncle.




No comments:

Post a Comment